Professional Underpinning Services in the Toronto Area
Our foundation waterproofing services include underpinning, a process which transfers the load of a building to a component installed deep into stable ground. This technique aims to lift, support, and level Toronto homes so that their foundations are secure. If you’re concerned about the stability of your Toronto home’s foundation, contact our qualified team of professionals at GMS Basement Waterproofing Inc, your local foundation waterproofing company, to discuss the benefits of underpinning.
When Should You Give Us a Call?
Don’t hesitate to contact GMS Basement Waterproofing Inc., to schedule underpinning services if any of the following situations apply to your Toronto residential property:
- Your home has shifted as a result of droughts or floods
- The foundation is unstable because of settlement
- The soil underneath the foundation has altered
- Your property has improper drainage
- Your home’s interior has ceiling cracks, sloping floors, wall cracks, floor cracks, leaning or bowing walls, or sticking doors and windows
Advantages of Professional Underpinning Services
Homeowners in the Greater Toronto Area experience the following benefits when they hire a foundation waterproofing contractor to complete the underpinning process on their residential properties:
- Decreased energy use
- Reduced heating and cooling costs
- Soil stabilization
- Leveling of home’s foundation
- Straightforward installation
- Corrosion-resistant galvanized steel components
- Increased property value
What Happens During Underpinning?
During underpinning, your foundation waterproofing specialists will dig out approximately eight feet to excavate underneath the footing. A retaining wall will be poured around the foundation’s interior so that your home’s foundation is strengthened and stabilized. Underpinning bypasses bad soil, ensuring that the foundation rests on a strong surface.
If you are looking for a professional drainage system company in the Toronto area, please call (416) 274-8377 or complete our
- What To Know About Foundation Waterproofing In Toronto
Foundation waterproofing is done on the exterior of a Toronto home or building to protect the concrete and basement walls that are below ground level from water penetration. While a concrete foundation may seem like a hard, tough surface, it is actually porous. Don’t be fooled by Toronto foundation waterproofing companies who tell you that you […]Read More
- 3 Common Causes Of Toronto Sump Pump Failure
When the rain starts to come down around your home, the last thing you want to be worrying about is whether or not your home’s sump pump is up to the task of helping you keep your home dry. Much like any other mechanical device, sump pumps fail from time to time, and when they […]Read More